Sunday, July 17, 2011

Video Diary Formula 55 Day 38-Week 1 Renaissance


BEYOND THE NUMBERS IN WEIGHT LOSS by Mou Mukherjee
So here is the proof that it is not really the numbers that matter.  If I used a precise formula, like the one used by the military, I might be rather discouraged.   My body circumference stays at 71 inches.  My body fat calculation remains at 45%.  

Here is what I see with Formula 55 in 30 days:
1. A 9 pound weight loss.  It was a personal goal to lose 10 pounds before this week to start off "The Renaissance Transformation Camp" with Formula 55 www.formula55.com.  I'LL TAKE IT!!
2. Down 0.6 inches in my neck circumference.  I think it shows in the video compared to Day 1 of the video blog.  I can wear my t-shirts again with out feeling like I am choking myself.
3.  My waist is shrinking!  I lost 1.75 inches in my waist.  I had to wear a belt with my jeans!

I spent about 21 days before the transformation camp getting my mind set right.  Then came the diet.  Making sure I started to detach from the emotion of eating.  Focusing on the food and meal preparation as FUEL!  10 days before "The Renaissance Transformation Camp" started, I worked on my cardiovascular endurance.  My goal was to put in 4 days on the treadmill or the elliptical.  The Formula 55 app for my iPod kept the pace.  But, it wasn't until working with Beau that I realized the intensity of working out on my own was not sufficient to see results.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/formula55/id442906939?mt=8

JULY  17, 2011
weight: 208 lbs
height: 68 in
neck:14.5 in / waist: 40.75 in / hips: 45 in
Circumference Value (US Military) = (40.5 + 45) - 14.5 = 71
(waist + hip) - neck = CV
BODY FAT Calculation=45%
chest: 45.5 in
R thigh: 27 in / L thigh: 27 in
R calf: 16 in / L calf: 15.5 in
R arm: 14 in / L arm: 15.5 in
R forearm: 11 in / L forearm: 11 in

JUNE 17, 2011
starting weight: 217 lbs.
height: 68 "
neck = 15 1/8 " / waist = 42 1/2 " / hip = 44 1/4 "
Circumference Value (US Military) = (42.5 + 44) - 15.5 =71
(waist + hip) - neck = CV
BODY FAT Calculation=45%
chest = 45 1/2 "
thigh R = 23 " / thigh L = 22 1/2 "
calf R = 16 " / calf L = 15 1/4 "
arm R = 14 " / arm L = 13 3/4 "
forearm R = 11 1/4" / forearm L = 10 1/8 "

United States Military Body Fat Standards By , About.com Guide http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/a/bodyfat.htm


Measurements (Male)
Abdomen. Measure abdominal circumference against the skin at the navel (belly button), level and parallel to the floor. Arms are at the sides. Record the measurement at the end of member's normal, relaxed exhalation. Round abdominal measurement down to the nearest ½ inch.
Neck. Measure the neck circumference at a point just below the larynx (Adam's Apple) and perpendicular to the long axis of the neck. Do not place the tape measure over the Adam's Apple. Service member should look straight ahead during measurement, with shoulders down (not hunched). The tape will be as close to horizontal as anatomically feasible (the tape line in the front of the neck should be at the same height as the tape line in the back of the neck). Care should be taken so as not to involve the shoulder/neck muscles (trapezius) in the measurement. Round neck measurement up to the nearest ½ inch.
Subract the neck measurement from the abdomen measurement, then look up the results on the following charts:
 http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/blbodyfatmale3.htm


Measurements (Female)
Neck. Measure neck circumference at a point just below the larynx (Adam's Apple) and perpendicular to the long axis of the neck. The Service member should look straight ahead during measurement, with shoulders down (not hunched). Round the neck measurement up to nearest ½ inch.
Waist. Measure the natural waist circumference, against the skin, at the point of minimal abdominal circumference, usually located about halfway between the navel and the lower end of the sternum (breast bone). When you cannot easily see this site, take several measurements at probable sites and use the smallest value. Be sure that the tape is level and parallel to the floor. The Service member's arms must be at the sides. Take measurements at the end of member's normal relaxed exhalation. Round the natural waist measurement down to the nearest ½ inch.
Hip. Measure the hip circumference while facing the Service member's right side by placing the tape around the hips so that it passes over the greatest protrusion of the gluteal muscles (buttocks) as viewed from the side. Make sure the tape is level and parallel to the floor. Apply sufficient tension on the tape to minimize the effect of clothing. Round the hip measurement down to the nearest ½ inch.
Add the waist and hip measurements together, then subract the neck measurements. Look up the results on the following charts:
http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/blbodyfatfemale3.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment